It’s been a while. As you are all very much aware, life just sometimes gets in the way. However, I’m here and ready to reintroduce blogging into my life, so do be patient.
Where do I start? It’s so cliche to say but time really does fly when you’re watching your children grow up. My 7lb 11oz baby is long gone and in her place is a crazy book lover as well as a frozen fanatic, complete with her own cheeky personality and witty vocabulary (well that’s what I like to think). I have an 18 month old (waaah), so let’s get started on B’s 18 month update. If you didn’t catch her last update (1 year update), then do check it out here.
B really likes to be outdoors. She is such a little explorer and she loves to look up at the sky to find aeroplanes, though she does get a little frustrated if they don’t appear when she commands them too. With the lovely, warm weather we had B spent lots of time outside cooling down and playing in water (which is loves on a cold day, she’s water mad). She loves to get a paintbrush and pretend the water is paint, and paint the garden fences. B also loves to go flower picking when out walking. Her favourite flowers to find are buttercups – mainly because they are yellow, and she is now getting really good at recognising some colours. When it’s a miserable day, B is most likely to be playing some sorts of crafts with paints or crayons. She loves to explore the different marks she can make.
B has always been a good eater. Now she is a ‘big girl’, we have bought a small plastic table and chair for her to sit and eat her meals at. She does use a fork and spoon, but will dig in with her hands, switching between them as she goes. Usually she does clear her plate, and she always enjoys snacking on fruits! I don’t actually think we have come across a food she dislikes as of yet.
- Enjoyed a yummy BBQ with my family to celebrate the sunny weather – and had a splash about in the paddling pool
- Taken one side of my cot down to transition into my toddler bed (so far so good)
- Attended my cousins 4th birthday party at a soft play area
- Started to use the potty for wee’s and tell Mum or Dad when I have done something in my nappy
- Learnt what an aeroplane is and look for them in the sky
- Learnt the colours yellow, blue and green
- Fell in love with the Tellytubbies!
- Started to care for my toy baby doll, wanting to change her nappy, give her milk and put her in the bath to wash herAgain, no teething problems with any of the new teeth B has gained since 12 months. The main sign of teething for B is a nappy rash. She now has a total of 12 teeth and loves to brush them!
B’s updates are now going to be every three months to save being repetitive with a lot of the stuff – so do keep an eye out for her next update, but I’m sure she will be popping up throughout the blog, she has a tendency to do that 🙂