First of, regime…as a mum of a very adventurous, lively 19 month old, I wouldn’t say my ‘regime’ is much of a regime actually. It’s more of an assignment I set for myself each day, like homework given to you by your teacher. You need to do it. Don’t necessarily want to (especially if you have spent the last half an hour of your ‘evening wind down’ picking up grains of rice that seem to have multiplied from tea), but I have always looked after my skin and being a mum
could possibly shouldn’t change this. Just a little side not before we get started, I typically don’t wear much make up day to day. A little foundation and mascara does the trick for me and makes me feel like I’ve achieved something personal that day if nothing else. So here it is, my beauty regime:
- AM – Before applying any make up, I always moisturise! I do suffer from mild eczema/dry skin (mostly on my legs) so really do put the effort in to moisturise my skin to prevent any further break outs of dryness. My favourite product to use for this is Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing.
- PM – After a busy day, I have most
probablydefinitely sweated off any make up I had on, so I start my regime by using Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water and some cotton pads.They do also offer an oil infused version of this product (which I didn’t know) and you can check out this great review of the product, which I really enjoyed by The Life of a Glagsow Girl, here). Anyway back to the micellar water – you may of heard about this product, especially if you follow any beauty bloggers, but it’s getting great positive reviews and in my opinion, is worth a purchase. It’s so easy on the skin, can be used to remove eye make up too (which is always good if you don’t want to use too many products) and gives you a real clean feeling afterwards without the need to rinse.
- I go on to use Nivea Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner. I don’t use this every day as I don’t wear much on my skin, and do like to give my skin at least one day break from all products, just to let it breathe and let some natural oils in. If you do use a cleanser and toner, but sure to give your face a good, deep wash with clean cool water afterwards. Any product left could cause a mini break out of spots or irritation (speaking from experience after a very quick rinse after using the first time).
- Every now and again, probably about once a week, I do like to steam my face. I don’t use any fancy products. Just a bowl/sink of hot water (so do be careful if you do this) and a towel. I probably steam for about five minutes, just to open up my pores and let my skin regain some moisture it may have lost in the week. I sometimes add a little cucumber, just to give the steam that little subtle smell of freshness. After finishing the steam, I get a cool cloth and gently lay it on my face. I find this helps my skin personally feel refreshed and clean.
- After this I will then moisturise again with the same product I use in the morning.
There you have it. My quick and simple beauty regime. I am by no means a skincare expert so what I do might not be everyone’s cup of tea or the products I use may not be everyone favourites, but this works for me. It’s quick and simple (which is perfect after a busy day as a mum), and cleanses and clears my skin. I do believe you need to look after your skin, so I do take pride in making sure my skin is clean and gets moments to breathe.
How different is my skin care regime to yours? Do you use any products I have mentioned?